Several of the presentations in the morning panels I attended at the IVSA conference focused on the issues surrounding visibility of the researcher to the participants in their research or photographs and the ethics surrounding that. There were also discussions of the partiality of representation of subjects by the way the lens frames them. This image seemed to draw together both of these concerns through the partial representation (and anonymity) of the subjects of the photo and their relation to the shadows of myself and two other photographers.
- Subject/Object – #IVSA2013 Photo Walk Part 4 (jonrainford.wordpress.com)
- Performing the street – #IVSA2013 Photo Walk Part 3 (jonrainford.wordpress.com)
- Pondering the meaning of life – #IVSA2013 Photo Walk Part 2 (jonrainford.wordpress.com)
- Urban Inequality – #IVSA2013 Photo walk Part 1 (jonrainford.wordpress.com)
- When is a photograph not just a photograph? (jonrainford.wordpress.com)
- What was Visual Sociology? (2013november.wordpress.com)